This lab chapter is intended to provide hands-on exercises that execute on real quantum systems provided by IBM Quantum Experience. It is designed for an upper-undergraduate / beginning graduate level quantum computation course. There are seven in-depth lab modules that start from basic quantum circuits construction to the core algorithms such as Grover search and Shor’s algorithm. Emphasis is on understanding the techniques and limitations when running quantum circuits for algorithms and applications on present day noisy quantum systems.
- Quantum Circuit
- Quantum Measurement
- Accuracy of Quantum Phase Estimation
- Iterative Quantum Phase Estimation
- Scalable Shor’s Algorithm
- Grover’s search with an unknown number of solutions
- Quantum Simulation as a Search Algorithm