What is Qiskit Camp?
Qiskit Camps are an immersive experience that consists of training sessions, deep technical talks, and a hackathon alongside the Qiskit core development team. At Qiskit Camp, attendees can collaborate with both quantum researchers and computer scientists to connect with the larger global quantum community.
2019 Qiskit Camp Europe will be hosted near Zürich, Switzerland from 12–15 September. Invitations will be distributed prior to the event.
Attendees that are new to Qiskit, or simply want to increase their proficiency in quantum computing, should attend Squid's one week summer school from 8–12 September 2019 at ETH Zürich.
Qiskit Camp Europe will be the first hackathon to take place at Piz Gloria, a revolving restaurant at the top of Schilthorn Peak in Switzerland. Piz Gloria was originally made famous as Blofeld's clinical facility in the James Bond movie On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
Accomodations will be provided in the scenic town of Mürren, a short gondola ride from Piz Gloria.
This is an initial schedule, subject to change.
- 9:30 - 12:00 PM - Zurich Lab Activities (Optional)
- 12:00 - Departure from Zürich for Mürren
- 17:30 - Welcome Reception
- 19:00 - Dinner
- 8:00 - Gondola to Piz Gloria (Please do not forget your pass or miss your assigned time)
- 9:00 - Breakfast and Team Formation
- 10:00 - Hackathon Begins
- 19:00 - Dinner
- 19:30 - Gondola rides to Mürren
- 7:30 - Gondola to Piz Gloria
- 9:00 - Hackathon Continues
- 14:30 - Project Presentations
- 19:00 - Award Ceremony
- 20:00 Celebration Dinner
- 21:00 - 23:00 Gondola to Mürren
- 10:00 - First Departure from Mürren
- 19:00 Last Departure from Mürren
Have a question?
Code of Conduct
IBM Quantum is dedicated to providing an enjoyable and safe experience for all participants. In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, all participants, including attendees, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, online contributors, and IBM employees are expected to show respect for each other and our community by creating a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. Expected behavior applies to both online and offline engagement with the IBM Quantum Community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Focusing on what is best for the community.
- Showing empathy towards other community members.
- Being mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants and listening to others.
- Valuing the contributions of Qiskit Camp participants.
- Engaging in collaboration before conflict
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances, including inappropriate physical contact
- Personal or political attacks.
- Any demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior or speech.
- Offensive or degrading language.
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission.
- Destruction or vandalism of personal property or event site or materials.
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
Harassment will not be tolerated in any form. Participants in the IBM Quantum Community should conduct themselves with respect and courtesy.
If you are planning to attend an upcoming event and you have concerns regarding another individual who may be present, please contact [email protected]. Action will be taken to ensure the safety of you and others at the event.
Reporting an Incident
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior should be reported immediately by contacting [email protected] or by speaking directly with any IBM employee. IBM Quantum will review and investigate all complaints and will respond in a way that it deems appropriate to the circumstances. The organizers will maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.
If a participant engages in negative or harmful behavior, the IBM Quantum may take any action they deem appropriate, including but not limited to issuing warnings, expulsion from an event with no refund, permanent banning from future events or online community, or calling local law enforcement. IBM Quantum has the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to temporarily or permanently ban any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
IBM staff will provide support to victims, including, but not limited to:
- Providing an escort
- Contacting venue security or local law enforcement
- Briefing event staff for response and victim assistance